Laurence “Larry” S. Lyons is the founding director of The Metacorp Group. He is an accomplished coach, consultant, public speaker, and author, as well as a leading authority on organizational transformation. His thirty years' experience includes senior line and staff management positions in organizations of all sizes.
Larry provides consultancy in business strategy and organizational change & development to clients in all sectors. Larry's executive coaching and consulting career extends over fifteen years and includes many blue-chip and multinational clients, such as British Airways, Unilever, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, British Broadcasting Corporation, WH Smith, MediaOne, Bank of England, Oracle, Dresser Industries, EDS, and Deutsche Bank.
While leading consultant relations at Digital Equipment in the UK, Larry has worked at partner level with all the major consultancies. Many of Larry's personal coaching clients are to be found in Who's Who. He has chaired and presented at conferences on consulting and coaching at the Institute of Directors, the Confederation of British Industry, and the Strategic Planning Society. In the early 1990s, Larry pioneered the "strategic cell development," an approach that rapidly accelerates the development of managers and leaders.
Laurence Lyons holds a Ph D. in organizational analysis and an MSc in management from Brunel University. He is a member of several professional bodies and a member of associate faculty at Henley Management College, Oxfordshire, England, where he is Director of Research of the Future Work Forum. He is also a member of the Peter F. Drucker Thought Leaders’ Forum and a member of the International Advisory Committee of the Worldwide Association of Business Coaches WABC.
Larry is frequently quoted in the media. He has appeared in such diverse publications as The Times, Computing, the Los Angeles Times, the Journal of the Institution of Chartered Surveyors, and Practical Training. He has appeared in British Airways Business Life magazine and has been interviewed on BBC National Radio 4.
- Founding director Metacorp Management Consultants (1990)
- Former Technical Director, Digital Equipment
- Former Marketing Manager and Consultant Relations Manager, Digital Equipment
- Founding Partner, The Learning Partnership
- Founder Director of the Future Work Forum at Henley
- Visiting Academic Fellow, School of Management Knowledge and Learning Henley Management College, Oxfordshire, UK
- Member of the Distinguished Thought Leaders’ Forum, Marshall Goldsmith School of Management, Alliant International University, San Diego
- Member of the Peter F. Drucker Foundation Thought Leaders’ Forum (now Leader to Leader Forum)
- Member Worldwide Association of Business Coaches WABC - International Advisory Committee
- PhD in Organizational Design, Brunel University
- MSc in Management, electives Finance and Marketing, dissertation on management team performance criteria
- Dip M. Diploma and certificate in Marketing, Chartered Institute of Marketing CIM
- Adv.Dip(O&M) Advanced diploma and certificate in administrative management
- Advanced Certificate in the Marshall Goldsmith behavioral coaching process
- Personal executive coach to several Who’s Who listed individuals
- Extensive management background includes hands-on line manager and senior staff positions in large, medium and small companies
- Specialist in working at the most senior levels in large complex organizations including all the “Big Eight” (now “Big Five”) management consultancies
- Cross-cultural and cross-functional experience throughout USA and Europe
- Acclaimed expert and teacher of executive coaching, strategy, and organizational development
- Author of “Coaching for Leadership: How the world’s greatest coaches help leaders learn” (Jossey-Bass), described as the seminal book on leadership and coaching by CIPD(UK)
- Listed in Stuart Crainer’s book - Key Management Ideas: Thinking that changed the world FT Pitman
- Formerly European Practice Director, Alliance for Strategic Leadership
- Formerly Senior Vice President, Executive Coaching Network, Inc., La Jolla, CA.